Jen brings to Localise a passion for community engagement and collective action and has been undertaking a Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Western Australia since 2012 in the joint disciplines of German and gender studies.
Jen has significant experience in sociological and humanities-based research, and has gained a keen awareness and appreciation of the complex challenges and opportunities facing many communities throughout both the Perth metropolitan area and regional Western Australia.
With a professional educational background in university tutoring, lecturing and research, Jen has spent the last several years honing her writing, research and project delivery and management skills from a large scale thesis and public presentations of research, to the planning, coordination and delivery of community events and training courses. These experiences have instilled in Jen a strong sense of social justice and a desire to contribute to improved social, economic and governance outcomes for communities throughout Western Australia.
- Community and stakeholder engagement
- Interpersonal and relationship building
- Research, analysis and report writing
- Project planning and support
- Capacity building
- Customer service
- Project Officer, Localise
- Tutor, Facilitator & Lecturer, University of Western Australia
- Postgraduate Teaching Intern, University of Western Australia
- Conference Intern, Australasian Association for European History
- Bachelor of Arts: European Studies and German (First Class Honours), University of Western Australia
- Cultural and Academic Exchange, University of Stuttgart
- Cultural and Academic Exchange, University of Warwick
- Currently completing Doctor of Philosophy in German and Gender Studies, University of Western Australia